there are few things i enjoy more than a good bbq sandwich served with mac&cheese and green beans.
this is a recipe that my mom told me via her own experiments, so the measurements might be a tad off. i love being able to cook in my crock pot so that i can leave it all day and essentially forget about it!
what you need:
boston butt (these cooking times based off of a 3lb. butt)
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 beef bouillon tablet
light brown sugar
garlic powder (or 1 clove of garlic)
onion powder (or fresh onion)
2 cups of water
bottle of bbq sauce of your choice... my choice, however, will always be mustard base :)
1. add 2 cups of water, beef bouillon tablet, and meat to crock pot. add apple cider vinegar, pouring on top of meat.
2. sprinkle brown sugar, garlic, and onion on top of meat to coat the top completely.
3. drizzle bbq sauce over meat and let sit in crock pot for 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 on low. make sure to test your meat with a meat thermometer before pulling.
please note that this picture is not watermarked... not that you would want to steal this anyways!
4. when meat has been fully cooked remove from crock pot, cut off any visible fat, drain crock pot into a large jar and pull meat using two forks.
5. return pulled meat to crock pot and pour remaining sauce over meat, tossing until desired consistency. turn crock pot to low or warm, depending on when you are eating.
serve with desired sides and enjoy!
just a thought.