Monday, August 2, 2010

miscellany monday.

keep it random and keep it fun! link up!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

[1] stay alive- drive 55.
i'm fairly confident that used to be a slogan for driving slow a long time ago... if not, it should have been because it is fairly catchy... however- on saturday we drove up to clemson with all of my furniture with a trailer attached to the back of the car... meaning we could only go 55 mph the whole way. in case you didn't know- it is 240 miles to clemson.
[2] no more detour.
for the last 7 months part of i-385 has been closed and we've had to detour through small towns in order to get to school- meaning it takes longer... however, on the trip up this weekend we discovered that it is no longer closed... if you went to school with me you would understand. when you already have a long way to drive [see map] adding distance isn't really the most favorable choice.
 
[3] in need of a trim.
i need a hair cut really bad... if someone would like to head over to my house and give me a trim, just let me know!

[4] light at the end of the tunnel.
summer school is almost finished, however- i start school again on august 18th... so it is a small period of time between school... 

[5] mix it up.
i received a philadelphia cream cheese cookbook for my birthday... i.e. nothing in this cookbook is healthy... but i can almost guarantee that it is all going to be delicious.

[6] national holiday.
did you know that cheesecake has a national holiday? it is july 30th... had i known that i would have whipped up something delicious in honor of that day- looks like i missed my perfect opportunity... something will come up, i am sure of it.

[7] afraid of jillian.
i am now the owner of jillian michaels fitness ultimatum 2010 for the wii... i said i wanted a fun game and this is what i got... hmm. however, i am secretly afraid of starting this because she is scarey... and thanks to the motion sensors on the wii, she will also know when i am slacking- and i. am. afraid.
go ahead and act like you aren't just a little bit intimidated... you would be lying.

[8] oh the irony.
notice that there is a picture of cheesecake and then a picture of jillian michaels? probably not a good sign... well, here's to overcoming my fear of jillian so that i can burn off the cheesecake!

happy monday! make sure to link up!

just a thought.

6 comments:

  1. My husband is going to be bummed that he missed cheesecake day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid of Jillian as well. Terrified, but I wouldn't mind it if she was my trainer. Ha. Like I could afford that. Oh well, like you posted, there is the Wii.

    Road Construction is a word that is very common here in Minnesota. My favorite is when they block us in. Crazy.

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your random made me laugh today. I am one who would eat cheesecake and then attempt a workout with Jillian. I should be scared.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your randomness! Funny about Jillian, she scares me too. I love the cheesecake pic though. That looks more inviting than Jillian.

    ~blessings
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm afraid of jilian too!! let me know how that goes! you'll kick her butt i'm sure.

    p.s. I found you via Lowercase Letters’ Miscellany Monday. I link up too! – hope you’ll swing by.
    www.wild-and-precious.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I want cheesecake now that you mentioned it. I absolutely LOVe cheesecake.

    I participated in Miscellany Monday too if you want to come visit us. :)

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete

have a thought? please share it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails